Monday, January 30, 2012

{Baby Boy Canvas}

I just finished this canvas for a super sweet little man about to be born!  Little Lincoln won't arrive for a few more weeks but I am so excited to give the parents this canvas to match their pirate bedding from Babies R us called Pirate Party.  I matched the colors and hopefully this will hang in their nursery!
I started by taping off lines with painters tape on my 18x24 canvas.  I didn't even measure here.  I kinda wanted the "unperfect" look that different sized lines would create.  Crazy enough though the lines weren't that far off in sizing so my goal wasn't truly achieved.
Pull off that tap after 3 coats of each color (that red was horrible by the way because it streaks on a canvas)
I did the edges so that when you see it from the side it looks nice
These are the colors that I used.  Notice that I have a combo of brands.  It was whatever I had on hand!
My final project!  I have to admit that this canvas took FOREVER to paint.  Not because it was hard, but because I didn't "think" about painting over stripes.  I attempted to first paint the name in brown.  Well, that didn't show up so then I went with black.  Well, you couldn't read the freakin font then.  My husband said that he didn't like the font anyways (I disagree although it is hard to read but love his heart he was trying to help).  So then I ran to the craft store and bought a paint pen and went around the letters like 5 times to get the white to show up.  
**So my final comment on this canvas is that it might look cute, but if you paint stripes go ahead and do vinyl over top, not paint.  Otherwise you will be in the same place I was--it won't show up over the colors.  Or better yet, don't put a dark color like navy right in the middle of the canvas.  Put it at the bottom so black or brown paint will show up!**

No comments:

Post a Comment