Monday, January 30, 2012

{Calendar Frame}

Ok, I love this project and to be honest I am a little upset it is a gift and not for myself!  A reusable wipe off frame for monthly use!  In love!
This little bit of {fabulous} is a frame that I made into a family calendar!
I got the frame at Joanne's with a 50% off coupon--$15.  I took the frame and used a Visa Vis marker and drew lines on the front of the glass (this removes very easily with window cleaner or even water).  Measuring ended up being easier than I thought although I did have to draw out the measurements on a sheet of paper before I actually began the project.  I then flipped the glass over and put vinyl over top the lines on the front.  Made it super easy to get the lines drawn since I used a ruler on the front to get the lines straight. 

My final product turned out better than expected I have to say!  I had found an example on another blog where they actually took an old frame and painted it but I figured I would let someone else do that work for me-plus this frame is a nice clean look. 
Super happy with the results!  Now to just make one for myself!
**Reminder** Flip over your words when printing on a Cricut because you are putting it on the back side of the glass!  Seems like it would be easy to remember but what a waste of vinyl if you forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment