Thursday, January 19, 2012

{Super Fun (Cheap) Distressed Frame

{LOVE LOVE LOVE} This frame!
I guess I should have put a picture in the frame before posting--but I can't decide if I get to keep the frame or give to to a friend for her birthday!
 
I got this frame for $4 at the craft store.  It came naked {plain wood} so I painted on a layer of white paint then tossed on 2 coats of Rainy Day Gray paint.  After drying I simply took my little Mouse sander and went to town sanding the edges to distress the frame. 
I love this look for aging (especially when you pay under $5 for the frame and now it looks like I got it at a boutique!)
I originally bought this "P" to put on this frame, but I think it is a little large.  Before I keep it or give it I am thinking I will probably just cut out some vinyl letters and do some initials or better yet I might do the whole "est. 2002" wedding date thing and put a family picture in the frame. 

No comments:

Post a Comment