Sunday, January 15, 2012

{Wood Plaque Frames}

Started off with a basic wood plaque that I got at Hobby Lobby for $1.99.  I already had the paint & Mod Podge so that is about the only true "cost" that I put into the project.  I put a layer of white paint on first so when I sanded the white would show through.

I used a nice gray/blue paint.  I ended up putting on 2 coats of paint  Even after 2 coats I probably could have put on another, but I liked the streaked look that was still there.

This is after I sanded the wood.  I took my little Mouse sander and went crazy on the edges.  Sanding took like maybe 3 minutes total.  Then I put a coat of Mod Podge all over the wood and then laid the picture on top then painted another layer over the picture (I use the Matte Mod Podge)

Quick cut of vinyl to add a little "sweetness" and I was done~


This is another wood plaque just a different shape.  I did reverse how I did it though {not on purpose though I was rushing the project to have it up by Christmas}.  I painted it red first then Mod Podged it with the picture and then last I sanded.  I literally sanded over the picture edges and the wood edges so it gives it a nice aged look.  The only problem is you really have to sand more to cut through the Mod Podge.

Added "joy" and wham~I'm done.  Freakin adorable.

FYI~these aren't all my kids.  2 are mine and 2 are my sister-in-laws.  I don't want anyone to give me credit for having 4 kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment