Tuesday, January 24, 2012

{Party of 4]

I got this idea from Brown Paper Packages and fell in love.  I changed a few small things, but basically it is the same idea!
Materials Needed:
4x4 wooden squares (I went to Home Depot and got a post cut into squares and yes, the guy did look at me like I was crazy)
Paint (I used acrylic) or Spray Paint
Foam brush (if you use paint and not spray paint)
Vinyl (I used black)
A Sander (I use my little mouse)
Optional ribbon

I first put on 2 coats of white paint.  I do this so when I sand the color underneath is white and not wood although the wood looks pretty darn good too.


Next came 2 coats of whatever color you are doing.  I did a suede color (basically tan) but next time I am going to do black to mix it up a little
After that dries go to town and back with your sander.  I literally just sand around the edges and hit up the surfaces.  Total time of sanding equals less than 3 minutes probably.  Remember after sanding to wipe all the powder off or your vinyl won't stick plus you will just have a hot mess of shavings in your house!


Apply your vinyl~no need to put anything on top to seal it, but you could if you wanted.  I like the rough look of the wood and didn't want it shiny.  You could matte mod podge if you wanted though.
One other idea I thought about was putting on one block "Party of 4".  That might be on my next set I make!
Last tie a ribbon around the blocks so you can give them and they stay together. 

I'm taking this Saturday to a party for the hostess and I am 99% sure she will {love} them!

No comments:

Post a Comment