Thursday, January 19, 2012

{Random Material Wreath}

Got this wreath at the Dollar Tree for a buck!  Can't beat that!  It is 13 inches.
Start taking by taking your material and laying it across the wreath.  I didn't measure the length or even the width of the ribbon I just cut away.  The different lengths and widths add dimension to the wreath.  I think I precut like 60 strips (I doubled the material up so even though 6o sounds like a lot it took like 3-5 minutes to cut it all out)
Wrap the material around crossing it on the back of the wreath.
Simply bring the material to the front and tie a simple knot.  And Wham!  You are on your way to making a wreath!
My pile of material that I cut
Keep knotting the material until you cover the entire wreath.  For the random spots you have that look not "full" simply cut smaller strips and do a quick knot around and fill in the blanks instead of wrapping it like before.  This also adds some dimension since these strips will be shorter.
I had a letter "P" that I had just painted and sanded and I sat it inside the wreath and it looks fabulous!  Now to find a place to hand the wreath on the wall!  Next time I will def make the wreath larger to I can hang it on my door.  Looks like I am headed to the craft store!  The 13 in is great for a small accent wreath needed for one of those spaces you need just a little something extra!


No comments:

Post a Comment