Wednesday, February 1, 2012

{Masterpieces}

Everytime I do something new I think it is my favorite~but I do have to say that this one ranks up there in the top 10 no matter what!  The fact alone that it clears the clutter off my fridge just makes it worth getting the electric screwdriver out!
I put this right beside our kitchen in our hallway with our little hooks and bench.  This is mainly where everything gets cluttered up so this addition might actually help me from putting stuff on the top of that shelf!
I got this little cafe curtain rod at Walmart for $3!  Are you kidding me?  $3 is fabulous!  I was going to get a real ornamental one for like $15 then I saw this and it actually looks better because it is smaller and doesn't look "bulky" in the middle of my wall.
I did get these hooks at Target for $5.  I paid a little more, but they look nice and they are antique brass looking.  Worth the extra buck or two.
I put this right below our family calendar.  I did the rod at the shortest distance for 2 reasons:  first I don't really want a super long wall of kid pictures--a couple are enough and second the longer and farther out you get the rod will sag in the middle if much weight is applied to it.  I figure that with my daughter hanging her art work on here she will be pulling and tugging.  I need it as tight as I can get it!
A level, screwdriver and hand sanitizer.  What a combo.  The hand sanitizer somehow made it into the picture.
{Super FAB}
I cut the word "Masterpieces" with my Cricut machine and slapped it on the wall. 
My cluttered up hallway.  I clean it up and within hours it is back messy.  
This project cost a total of $8 and took me about 45 minutes.  Best 45 minutes I have spent in a long time and my husband loved that it was so cheap!

No comments:

Post a Comment