Wednesday, February 22, 2012

{Burlap Wreath Tutorial}


After sorting through old photos I found these and I was super pumped!  I had totally forgotten that I had taken pictures while making my wreath!  Lots have asked for the steps so here they are!
The finished product!



Cutting your circles--this is the most time consuming of course because burlap is no fun to cut!  Cut out tons--probably like 30 of 2 different sizes.  I didn't use a template, I just started cutting.  But if I had to guess I would say like 2 inch circles and 2 1/2 inch circles would be correct.  After cutting go ahead and grab a hand full and glue them together layering the smaller on top of the larger.  These will be your plain circles to fill in with at the end.

Fabric.  I literally just cut some out here.  I chose fun bright colors and none of them made much sense.  I just worked with what was in my material tub.  I think not matching them made the wreath look more "fun".

Ribbon-I also chose different ribbon that I had--again, nothing matched it was totally random.  I just cut tons of little strips--probably 1 inch long.

I added these embellishments--I can't remember what they are called (my mind is blank) but they are little metal circles that you have to use your alligator punch (in the picture above this, it is pink) and punch through 2 circles to make them stick together.
Get out that hot glue gun and start randomly gluing.  I did make sure to space out between the ones that had ribbon and the ones that had material.  I put all my colored circles (ones with ribbon and material) on first and then went back and filled in with the plain circles.
Layered

And you are done!


No comments:

Post a Comment